General Terms & Conditions
Access to these sites is provided to you, the User, subject to the following terms and conditions which may be updated by us from time to time. Also, use of certain areas of the sites is subject to additional posted guidelines or rules applicable to such areas, and those guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into these terms and conditions.
1. The Global Clearinghouse for Development Finance (GCH) provides this service as a courtesy to those who may choose to access these sites ("Users"). GCH features information and services for development experts, investors and public officials from all over the world.
2. Registration: You may browse GCH sites without registering. However, you may choose to register to take advantage of additional services, such as access to email alerts. If you register, you agree to provide current, complete and accurate registration information and to maintain such information as accurate, current and complete. GCH reserves the right to suspend or terminate any accounts and any and all current use of service, in the event that you provide any information that is inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or GCH has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current, incomplete or does not adhere to our community philosophy.
3. User Conduct: GCH services include restricted tools (the Government-Investor Network Service and INFRADEV) to encourage and foster public-private collaboration (Intranets). Users agree to use the Intranets only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Intranet. By way of example, and not as a limitation, Users agree that when using an Intranet, users shall not do any of the following:
A. Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
B. Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information.
C. Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
D. Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
E. Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
F. Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
We reserve the right to terminate service to you, in our sole discretion, with or without notice, if we believe that your conduct fails to conform with this Agreement, to investigate and to involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities, and to pursue a civil lawsuit or criminal prosecution for any alleged or actual illegal activities involving GCH services.
4. Use of Site Content: GCH sites contain information, text, graphics, software, and other content (the "Site Content"). The Site Content is protected under the Creative Common Licence.
5. Contributed Content: We do not claim ownership of content you submit or make available (“Contributed Content”) for inclusion in the Portal and Intranets. However, with respect to original Contributed Content for inclusion in the Portal and Intranets, you grant GCH a perpetual, royalty-free license to use as defined under the Creative Commons Licence.
6. Intranets: Users acknowledge that all Intranets contain private communications, unless the author of said communication indicates that said content can be included in the public realm. Further, Users acknowledges that chats, postings, conferences, e-mails and other communications by other users are not endorsed by GCH and such communications shall not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by GCH. GCH reserves the right for any reason to remove without notice any Contributed Content from its Intranets.
7. Disclaimer of Warranties: While GCH endeavours to provide current and accurate information, site content is provided “as is” and “as available”. GCH does not warrant the availability of the Development Finance Portal nor the accuracy, completeness or currency of the site content or any material provided through any GCH site, its services or Intranets, and does not warrant that GCH sites operate error free nor that defects, errors or omissions will be corrected or that GCH sites are completely secure. GCH expressly disclaims any and all warranties of any kind, including but not limited to implied, express or statutory warranties as to non-infringement of intellectual property rights, or third party rights, title, latent defects, uninterrupted service, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and freedom from computer viruses.
8. Disclaimer of Liability: In no event will GCH be liable to you for any damages, including without limitation, direct or indirect, special incidental, moral or consequential damages, loss of profits, opportunities or information or for expenses arising in connection with your use of the Development Finance Portal, its services, Intranets or any and all site content on any GCH site, even if GCH is advised of the possibility of such damages, losses or expenses.
9. Disclaimer of Endorsement: GCH sites contain links to third-party web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of GCH and GCH is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The appearance on the any GCH site of the name or logo of another entity, or the appearance of a link to another entity's site, does not indicate endorsement or referral by GCH of the other entity or its products and services, and GCH expressly disclaims any such endorsement or referral.
10. Governing Law, Choice of Jurisdiction: This Agreement will be interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of the United States of America. User agrees to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of United States of America.
1. Information Collection
In general, you can browse the portal without telling us who you are and without revealing any personally identifiable information about yourself. When we ask for personally identifiable information, it is used only to provide the information you have requested as well as other key announcements from GCH.We collect statistical information based upon the behavior of users of our portal. We use this information only to do internal research on our users' demographics, interests and preferences, and to better understand, protect and serve you and our community.
2. Use and Disclosure of Information
We use your personally identifiable information to facilitate the services you request (e.g. newsletters, email alerts and member directory).As a matter of policy, we do not rent or sell any of your personally identifiable information to any third parties.
GCH reserves the right to publish non-personally identifiable, summary information regarding our visitors and users for promotional purposes and as a representative audience for potential sponsors of our work.
3. Accessing, Reviewing and Changing of Personally Identifiable Information
A) Registered users become members of a GCH service. We can offer members the ability to review and directly change their information they submit to us by logging into the specific GCH service.
B) You can deactivate your registration and contact information from our active database by sending us an email with said specific request.
C) We will retain in our files some personally identifiable information to resolve technical problems, enforce our Terms and Conditions and comply with legal requirements as is permitted by law.
4. Other Information Collectors and Security
A) The portal contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites.
B) Our portal has stringent security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of information under our control.