|The Rwanda Development Board was set up by bringing together all the government agencies responsible for the entire investor experience under one roof. This includes key agencies responsible for business registration, investment promotion, environmental clearances, privatization and specialist agencies which support the priority sectors of ICT and tourism as well as SMEs and human capacity development in the private sector.|
The RDB is independent and influential. It reports directly to the President. The RDB is built with global expertise. It is modelled on international best practice examples of Singapore and Costa Rica. It has advisory and hands-on support from global entrepreneurs and experts from Singapore Development Board, World Bank, IFC and the Office of Tony Blair.
Vision: To transform Rwanda into a dynamic global hub for business, investment, and innovation.
Mission: Fast tracking economic development in Rwanda by enabling private sector growth.
Investment Promotion and Implementation:
The investment promotion division is your gateway to investment in Rwanda. It showcases investment opportunities available in the priority sectors for investors seeking to make a profitable expansion into the region or the continent as a whole. The investment promotion division of the RDB:
1. Reaches out to investors with specific investment opportunities through international road shows as well as individual business presentations by our foreign office representatives
2. Facilitate prospecting investors coming to Rwanda by putting them in contact with people and entities they wish to meet
3. Organizes sector specific conferences and networking session held in Kigali
4. Assists with inquiries and information gathering on behalf of the investor
5. Seeking potential local and foreign partners in Rwanda for potential investors
The Investment promotion division primarily focuses on prospective investors in Agriculture and Agribusiness, Construction and Real Estate, Energy, Finance, ICT, Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Mining, and Tourism.