|The General Authority for Investment Is the principal governmental authority concerned with regulating and facilitating investment, and stands ready to assist investors worldwide. GAFI broadened its scope from the traditional regulatory framework into a more effective and proactive investment promotion agency through its Research and Market Intelligence, Promotion and Facilitation and Investor Aftercare bodies.|
GAFI also represents Egypt’s sole "One Stop Shop" for investment, which aims at easing the way for investors worldwide to take advantage of the opportunities in egypt’s promising emerging market. GAFI makes emphasis on various investment opportunities that lie ahead in different sectors throughout the egyptian economy. With this objective, GAFI holds its responsibility through developing communicational campaigns and assisting its image accentuating the improved investment climate in Egypt worldwide.
Mission: To enable and sustain Egypt's Economic Growth through investment promotion, facilitation, efficient business services, and advocacy of investors' friendly policies.
Vision: Position Egypt as the location of choice for Business and Innovation.
1. Promote Egypt's potential sectors.
2. Attract new investments and promote re-investments and expansions.
3. Facilitate and provide services to investors through expanding GAFI "One Stop Shop"
4. Support and accelerate the development of competitive strategic clusters.
5. Stimulate the development of innovation.
6. Implement Policy Advocacy Strategy.
Services to investors include:
1. Provision of comprehensive advice and support to help evaluate Egypt as a potential investment location.
2. Provision of an efficient and professional service and a timely response to questions.
3. Through the ‘One-Stop-Shop’ facility all necessary National and Local approvals can be obtained to facilitate a fast start-up of operations in Egypt.
4. Help with the identification of suitable locations and property options within Egypt to accommodate investment.
5. Identification of suitable Egyptian business partners if desired.
6. Complete respect of need for confidentiality and any commercially sensitive information provided will be treated with the strictest confidence by staff.