|Program Description||Kenya Investment Authority (KenInvest) is a statutory body established in 2004 through an Act of Parliament (Investment Promotion Act No. 6 of 2004) with the main objective of promoting investments in Kenya. It is responsible for facilitating the implementation of new investment projects, providing After Care services for new and existing investments, as well as organizing investment promotion activities both locally and internationally. The core functions of KenInvest include; Policy Advocacy; Investment Promotion; Investment Facilitation which includes Investor Tracking and After Care Services. The activities are carried out through the following departments:|
1. Research, Policy Advocacy and Planning Department: Undertake research, review and analyse policies, and engage in policy advocacy geared towards improving the business environment.
2. Investment Promotion Department: Target and attract investments to achieve increased economic development.
3. Investor Services Department: Ensure expeditious and quality facilitation of projects for prompt implementation and effective After Care Services.
4. Corporate and Legal Affairs Department: Uphold KenInvest’s corporate profile, ensure observance of good corporate governance and attend to legal affairs.
5. Finance and Administration Department: Formulate and implement efficient financial and administrative management policies and systems.
6. Internal Audit: Monitor and evaluate management policies, procedures, regulations and systems to ensure compliance with the best practices for effective utilization of organisational resources.
Investment opportunities exist in the following sectors:
3. Building and construction
7. Environment and natural resources
8. Money, banking and finance