|The Malawi Investment and Trade Centre (MITC), a merger of the Malawi Investment Promotion Agency (MIPA) and Malawi Export Promotion Council (MEPC), was incorporated under the Companies Act in December 2010 and became operational on 1st October, 2011. The organization is geared toward promoting production (investment promotion) and marketing (export promotion) of Malawi’s goods and services. This broad mandate is expected to complement the functions and resources (both human and financial resources) of the pre-existing institutions and therefore enhance efficiency in performance.|
Malawi Investment & Trade Centre (MITC) offers the following services:
1) Counselling of investors and exporters.
2) Product and Market development
3) Investment and Trade Information
4) Industrial Assessments
5) Project Planning and Research
6) Facilitate Investment process for potential investors
7) Participate in trade fairs
Mission: To contribute towards the sustainable development of Malawi through investment and trade with a focused sectoral approach.
Vision: To be a world class centre for providing excellent services on Malawi’s investment and trade opportunities
1) To provide specialized support to foreign and local investors in all prioritized sectors for industrializing Malawi and
2) To promote and facilitate export products and services of Malawi to international markets.
3) In addition, the Centre plays an advisory role to Government on policies with a bearing on business environment.
Investment opportunities exist in the following sectors:
1) Agriculture / Agro-processing
4) Food and Beverage