|The Board of Investment (BOI) is the national Investment Promotion Agency of the Republic of Mauritius falling under the aegis of the Ministry of Finance and Economic Development. As Mauritius opens to the world, transforming itself into a globally competitive business platform, BOI has put at the disposal of the international business community a personalised range of services to attract international investments and talents to the country. BOI also aims at propelling inward and outward investment to new heights. With strong industry expertise and international exposures, BOI's team of multidisciplinary professionals is well-equipped to provide invaluable guidance for successful business launches and investment ventures in Mauritius.|
Over the years, BOI has developed a strong partnership with the private sector by constantly improving the business environment and the investment climate as well as encouraging innovation. Headquartered in Port Louis, the capital of Mauritius, BOI has strong links through our worldwide network of embassies and consulates to better service the needs of foreign investors. BOI is ever-determined to fulfill its mission of providing a unique experience for investors.
The Board of Investment (BOI) is viewed both locally and internationally as a strategic partner for any investor wishing to benefit from the thriving business environment in Mauritius. The BOI was bestowed with the prestigious 'Investment Promotion Agency of the Year Award' for the second consecutive year at the Africa Investor Investment and Business Leader Awards 2012 in Tokyo.
BOI's range of services, provided free-of-charge, include inter alia:
1) Counseling on investment opportunities in Mauritius;
2) Providing sector-specific and tailor-made information for the setting up of a business in Mauritius;
3) Organising customised meetings and visits;
4) Identifying joint-venture partners;
5) Providing guidance on the choice of site locations and production facilities;
6) Assisting with occupation permits, licenses and clearances.
7) Facilitate inward investment.
Mauritius is pursuing a multi-pronged development strategy based on a liberal and open investment policy in order to achieve sustainable growth in a fast globalizing world economy. The key elements of the strategy are:
1) Consolidation of traditional industries
2) Diversification of industrial base
3) Development of emerging sectors
4) Harnessing the services industries of the future
Mauritius offers excellent business opportunities in the following industry sectors:
2) Creative Industries
3) Financial Services
4) Healthcare and Medical Travel
5) Hospitality and Property Development
6) Information Technology and Business Process Outsourcing
8) Logistics and Distribution Services
9) Manufacturing and Light Engineering
10) Renewable Energies and Environment
11) Seafood and Aquaculture