DEMAND FOR INFRASTRUCTURE: What are Infrastructure Needs and Programs?

Program NameArgentina: Aguas y Saneamientos Argentinos S.A. Plan Director de Saneamiento
Country/RegionArgentina
Sovereign Long-Term Rating
S & P Local: B1 S & P Foreign: B3
Moody's Local: B Moody's Foreign: B
Fitch Local: B Fitch Foreign: RD
Includes Sub-Sovereigns?No
Program DescriptionAgua y Saneamientos Argentinos S.A. (AySA), was created by the Central Government through the Presidential Decree No. 304/2006 and ratified by the Congress through Law No. 26.100. The company’s objective is to provide the water and sanitation services in the City of Buenos Aires and 17 municipalities within the metropolitan area of Buenos Aires. This service area (1,830 sq km), is a densely populated area with a total population of about 10 million.

To secure continuing operations and resolve service shortcomings quickly, the company was set up as a joint stock company. The Central Government has a 90% stake in the company and the remaining 10% are held by the company’s employees.

The "Plan Director" outlines AySA’s investment plans and related financing needs from 2006 to 2020. In the short term, investments are needed to improve the water quality. The long-term investment plan includes the construction, operation and maintenance of 3 water treatment plants, and the addition of 5,000 kilometers to the distribution and 4,000 km to the sanitation network.

Program Source(s)Agua y Saneamientos Argentinos
Program Sector(s)Electricity Generation: Renewable (hydro, wind, biomass, geothermal, solar)
guaranteed
Overall Program Contact(s)n.a.
Program Project(s)n.a.
Program Documents Argentina AySA - Plan Director de Saneamiento 2006-2020 (2006).pdf
Argentina AySA - Principales Obras Ejecutadas por AySA en su Primer Ano de Gestion (2007).pdf
Program Web Siteswww.aysa.com.ar
Entered On08/24/2007 at 01:56 PM
Updated On12/19/2011 at 01:41 PM